Friday, July 9, 2010

Freezing Tortillas


Whenever I find tortillas on sale and can pair them with a good coupon (like the one I posted here) I always buy as many as I have coupons. Why? Because we eat a lot of tortillas and they freeze beautifully. Here are a couple of tricks to freezing your tortillas. I always separate them into 8 or 10 and then put a piece of wax paper between groups, that way they don't all freeze together.

The other trick to freezing anything is to get as much air out of the packaging as possible this helps prevent freezer burn. If you have a foodsaver--no problem. If you don't have a foodsaver, still no problem just a little more effort. I always transfer the food into freezer bags or plastic freezer containers because they're thicker and made for freezing. Then just grab a handy-dandy drinking straw and...you guessed it....suck the air out. Date the bag and throw it in the freezer.





No comments:

Post a Comment