Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Smith's ad Misprint


In case you haven't already heard, the $.48 cent cereal int the Smiths ad for this week was a misprint. I suspected as much when I saw it yesterday, so I thought I'd just wait it out until someone tried it this morning and sure enough, they had already caught the error.

Now, this brings up an interesting dilemma. I never imagined that there would be so many times as a couponer that I would have to ask myself if doing a deal or using a coupon was really being honest. This is one of those times. I try very hard not to be judgmental of others and their choices, but since this is my blog, I will give you my opinion. Obviously you can take or leave it. If I have any doubts, I usually just skip the deal, another deal will always be right around the corner. Also, I don't ever want to do anything that would give the stores any ammo to use against couponers. That's how we lose credibility and then the stores limit coupons or give us trouble about honest coupon usuage. Back to the Smiths deal, obviously Smiths is not honoring the ad, which I think is totally fine. We all make mistakes and this was a simple mistake. Now we could all go in a throw a fit about it being an advertised deal, and Nevada statues require that they honor it, etc, etc., but that would only hurt our reputation and make them not want to deal with us. My goal is to have great relationships with my stores and never have them grumble when they see me walk through their doors. Some deal seekers have decided to take the ad to Walmart and have them price match the Smiths ad; In my opinion this is dishonest. The ad was a misprint and if Smiths is not going to honor it, I think it's dishonest to ask Walmart to honor it.

Okay, that's it. Use your best judgment and remember we want to keep good relationships with our stores and have them know that we are honest couponers who would never try and take advantage of a silly little misprint!

No comments:

Post a Comment