Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Food Storage--Pinto Beans


Just a little FYI. I was going to order pinto beans from the cannery this week and then decided to price check them before I ordered (we can only order from the cannery once a month.) I checked at Sams and they sell a 50lb bag of Pinto beans for $ .56 cents/lb and the cannery price is $ .82cents/lb. I'm not sure if prices vary at Sams and the cannery and of course, you have to consider that buying them at Sams means you have a great big bag of beans. I know that some canneries will let you "check out" the canner, buy the cans and take it home to can your own stuff. You could also store them in poly buckets. Anyway, I don't think anyone beats the cannery on milk and the potato flakes are awesome in homemade bread! I think I'll do a running price check between the cannery and Sam's and keep you posted. You can also check Sams prices on their website, just click the "click and pull" link.

No comments:

Post a Comment