Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Salmon Chowder


What to do with all the cheap Salmon we bought at Walgreens last week???( I still have rain checks to redeem!) Well, here's my favorite Salmon chowder recipe. My family LOVES it, this is one meal that everyone eats. I tweaked the original recipe a little bit by adding half and half instead of canned milk.

Salmon Chowder

14.5 oz can salmon
1 clove garlic minced
1/2 c chopped onion
1/2 c chopped celery
1/2 c chopped green pepper
3 T butter
1c diced potatoes
1c diced carrots
2 cans chicken broth
1t salt
1/2 t pepper
1/2 t thyme
10 oz package frozen peas
1 can cream corn
13 oz evaporated skim milk (I use 1/2 and 1/2 or cream)
minced parsley

Drain and flake salmon reserving liquid. Saute garlic, onion, celery, and green pepper in butter. Add potatoes, carrots, reserved salmon juice, chicken broth, and seasonings. Cover and simmer 20 minutes or until vegetables are nearly tender. Add peas, cook 5 minutes. Add flaked salmon, corn, and milk. Heat through. Sprinkle with minced parsley.

This is a recipe from a good friend of my sister. ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment