Monday, October 12, 2009


The Unilever deal is my favorite deal at Walgreens this week. There are some RP coupons from 8/30/09 for Peanut Butter and Ragu, but I didn't get any of these. BUT I still got a good deal. I had a stack of RR from the Halls and Dentek that I had to use so I figured this would be a good way to use especially those $1 RR which are so hard to use. So here's what I did. I bought 8 jars of PB (I also heard that the Skippy Natural works for the deal even though it's not marked, just make sure you get it price checked) at 3 for $5 Total was $13.34 used $13 in RR (make sure you use 8 or fewer RR for 8 items) I paid .34 cents OOP (no tax on food here, yay) and got back $8RR. What will I do with all this PB? We don't use a ton of PB, but I bought it with a couple of things in mind. I just read a good little article in the Ensign about the types of foods you should have in your 72 hour kits and she recommended PB because it's so high in protein. It will give you energy and keep you full for a long time. She had some other good suggestions too. Anyway these jars may be a little big for 72hour kits but I figure at least the two adults could carry a jar. I also, needed more food to donate to our Youth Conference food drive.

**Update
As I'm couponing I try to always make sure I play by the rules. If I even suspect for a minute that a coupon I have is not for the product I want to buy--even if it will scan--I won't use the coupon. Anyway, I was giving some thought to the Band-Aid deal it occurred to me that although both coupons would scan and I could get free band-aids, both coupons are Walgreens coupons and are neither is a manufacturer coupon, therefore the store will not be reimbursed, basically they will lose on the band-aids. So, I will not be doing the band-aid deal this week.
Happy Shopping!

No comments:

Post a Comment