Friday, October 2, 2009

Kleenex deal (Vons)

*UPDATE--I'm pretty sure that today is the last day of this deal. And be sure to go to a register where the Catalina machine is on! I didn't get my coupons today and after it was all done the girl at customer service told me that the cat machine at that register has been broken for a while!! I almost always check, but today they were busy so I took a chance. Anyway, it's a bit of a bummer because of course they didn't know about the promo and I didn't have anything to tell them about it. Oh well, every once in awhile you take a little hit, but in the end I'm way ahead. I'll try the deal again tonight (the night checkers are my favorites anyway). Thankfully I have the print out that I got before the JJ started so I got my $10 just not my $5 off 7 coupon. The lesson here, before the catalina deals start they will print out a cat explaining the promo. make sure you keep these because sometimes this is the only defense you have if your cat does not print. The other alternative is that you can call the catalina company and I understand that they are pretty good about sending the coupons you should have recieved. Sorry that was a long update.


Kleenex deal at Vons(Safeway). Mom this post is for you. This is a great deal and it's super easy. Vons(Safeway) has kleenex 110ct. on sale for 99cents. Here's the deal you buy 3 kleenex for 99cents, most stores have a blinkie machine next to the kleenex for .50cents off 3 boxes, you use this coupon and then you get back a $3 oyno coupon when you check out. At my store I also got a $1 off 4 coupon when I checked out. So, I turned around and bought 4 boxes of kleenex, used my $1 off and my $3 off coupons and got 4 boxes of 3 kleenex and another $1off/4 and $3 oyno coupons. Time to stock up on Kleenex before cold season starts.

Now, here's my opinion on deals like this which also applies to Walgreens and CVS deaks. I usually don't do more than 2 transactions at a time. Why? Because as much as store managers like to move product through their store, they also do not like to have empty shelves. When you use manufacturer coupons the stores do get reimbursed the full value + a handling fee so they're not losing money, but they generally they do not take kindly to customers who clear their shelves. I hate it when I go to the store on the first or second day of a sale and there's nothing left, so I try to be courteous to other shoppers. If I want to do the deal a few times, I either go to another store (I'm lucky enough to have several stores within a few miles of my house) or a wait a day or two and then go back again. The most important thing is that you have good relationships with your stores!

No comments:

Post a Comment