Friday, December 4, 2009

Muffins, Muffins and more Muffins!

I've got a couple of yummy recipes for you! I had to do a quick treat to take out to neighbors and thought muffins would be super quick and easy AND I wouldn't have to wait for butter to reach room temp. So, I found this super easy pumpkin muffin recipe at Money Saving Mom. I love this blog, she has great ideas especially for freezer meals--now I just need a freezer! Anyway, the muffins were great and really easy.

Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Muffins

4 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 (16 oz.) can pureed pumpkin
1 1/2 cups oil
3 cups flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon salt
1 package chocolate chips

In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs, sugar, pumpkin, and oil until smooth. Add in dry ingredients and mix well. Fold in chocolate chips. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups 3/4 full. Bake 16-20 minutes at 400 degrees. Makes 24-30 muffins.



Then I had some bananas that were going bad and I didn't feel like making a loaf of banana bread so I looked for another quick muffin recipe and found one here at Tammy's Recipes. They were delicious. When I saw that it called for mayo I kind of panicked but gave it try anyway and they were great. The only thing I would change next time is that I would add the choc. chips to the batter rather than put them on top.



Banana Chocolate chip Muffins

Ingredients:

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 Teaspoon salt
1 egg
1/2 cup Miracle Whip or mayonnaise
3 ripe bananas (the riper the better!!)
1 cup chocolate chips

Instructions:

1. In large bowl, combine dry flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt.

2. In medium sized bowl, beat egg. Add banana and mash thoroughly, using a potato masher. Stir in Miracle Whip. Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened.

3. Fill paper-lined muffin tins 3/4 full (12); sprinkle tops with chocolate chips. Bake at 375 degrees for 20-25 minutes or until muffin tests done with toothpick. Allow muffins to cool 5 minutes in the pan, and then remove to wire racks to finish cooling. Store loosely covered to help prevent stickyness! :)

Stay tuned for more recipes. My sis sent me some goodies that I need to post!


No comments:

Post a Comment