Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Cream Soup Mix

Okay, it's recipe time again. I use a TONS of cream of chicken soup in fact I started to panic on Saturday because I actually used my LAST can! I always have plenty but the last couple of months I have let my usual stockpile run down so I'm in for some serious shopping as the sales come along. ANYWAY, my sis has a great recipe for food storage and to save money to sub for cream soup---BRILLIANT! So, here it is

2 cups non-fat dry milk powder
3/4 cup cornstarch
1/4 cup instant chicken or beef bouillon (I have used the granules and the powder)
2 Tbsp dried onion
1/2 tsp dried crushed thyme (optional)
1/2 tsp dried crushed basil (optional)
1/4 tsp pepper
In mixing bowl blend all ingredients. Store in an airtight contained. Yield equivalent to 9 cans of condensed soup.

To use as a substitute for one can of soup:
Mix 1/3 cup dry mix
1 1/4 cup water. Cook and stir over med heat until thickened. For a richer taste add 1 Tbsp butter. ( I do all the butter)

No comments:

Post a Comment