Monday, January 23, 2012

French Toast For Dinner or Anytime!

I think it's time for a recipe. I don't know about you, but I LOVE French Toast. This has become a regular week night meal when we are short on time. I have no idea why, but the flour in this recipe makes it taste so good compared to other recipes I've tried. I like to use Texas Toast or thick cut homemade bread. It works best if the bread isn't super soft. Hope you like it as much as we do.

FRENCH TOAST

1/4 Cup Flour
1 Cup Milk
Pinch of Salt
3 Eggs
1/2 t Ground Cinnamon
1 t Vanilla
1T Sugar
12 Slices Bread

Measure flour into a large mixing bowl. Slowly whisk in the milk. Whisk in the salt, eggs, cinnamon, vanilla extract and sugar until smooth. 

Heat a lightly oiled griddle or frying pan over medium heat. 

Soak bread slices in mixture until saturated. Cook bread on each side until golden brown. Serve hot. 

Recipe from All Recipes

No comments:

Post a Comment