Friday, September 25, 2009

Here we go!

Okay, so I never thought I'd start a blog about how to save money, but here we go! Really I just figured it would be easier for me to share my favorite deals and money saving ideas with my friends and family in this format. That way I'm not sending them long e-mails with my favorite finds. There are so many great blogs and websites with all the "couponing 101" info. so I'll skip that, but I'm happy to answer any questions. The first blog I ever read about couponing got me totally hooked so I must refer you to her blog first Mom's Need to Know is one of my favorite blogs if your a couponing beginner. There are also a ton of great sites with all of the weekly grocery store and pharmacy match-ups, so I've listed my favorites and I'll link you to my favorite match-ups on other sites each week.

I hope to include some other interesting information as I continue this adventure to help my family be more provident. I'm constantly working on my food stroage and trying to find new simple recipes for my family and to include in my food storage.

Here are my favorite Walgreens deals that I've done this week.

I did this in several transactions
Oral B Toothburshes 2/$2
$2 RR
Buy one get one free RP 8/23/09

Thermacare $2.49
RR 2.50
Printable 1.00 off here

Bic Soleil Disposable Razors $4.99
$1.00RR
$3.00 off SS 9/20/09

Sally Hansen Hard as Nails buy 3
get coupons for $5 off next Sally Hansen purchase
$1/1 RP 8/2

Carefree Ultra Pantiliners 16 ct $1.99 on sale (monthy RR deal only marked in 2 of my 4 stores)
$1 RR
$1 printable here

The cups were filler items so I could roll my RR. if you plan to pay with RR, know your what your total will be after subtracting coupons because RR cannot be used to pay tax. Yes, I had very bad addition this week and tried not once but twice to use my RR to pay tax.



No comments:

Post a Comment