Friday, October 7, 2011

The Great Lettuce Experiment!


I found the coolest thing!! Okay, so you know how much I LOVE my jar sealer. When I saw this on the internet, I was so excited, and I thought "why didn't I think of that!!" I'm sorry, I can't remember the blog where I found this, but here it is....chop up your lettuce, seal it in your jar, and put it in the fridge, and it will stay crisp and fresh with no brown spots for 7-10 days! Isn't that soooo cool. I tried it out and it absolutely worked. I was so happy. Now, you shouldn't store the whole salad in other words, just lettuce because the veggies will last different lengths of time.

The blogger who originally posted this, stored hers in the small jars and then used one a day for lunch--which is a great idea. But it also works in the quart jars, just take out what you need and reseal. LOVE it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment