Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Smith's Daytona Sale


Here's my first Smith's shopping trip for the Daytona sale. This sale is buy 10 participating items and get $3 off AND a $3 OYNO Catalina Coupon. Here's what I've read so far from shoppers who have done this deal at Kroger affiliate stores. The register WILL print more than 1 $3 catalina if you do 20 or 30 participating items BUT you may only use one $3 OYNO catalina per transaction. So, I think it makes more sense to just break your order into transactions of 10 and keep rolling your $3. Here's what I did (all prices are after $3 taken off at checkout)

Transaction #1
9 Hefty One Zip Bags $1.19
1 Hone Nut Chex $1.99
Used
(9) $1 off Hefty from Vons Love of Football Coupon Book
$.75/1 Honey Nut Chex IP (smartsource.com)
$.50 e-coupon Honey Nut Chex
OOP $3.29 got $3 OYNO cat

Transaction #2
10 Campbells Chunky Soup $ .99ea
used
(2) $2/5 Campbells Chunky Soup IP (CampbellsKitchen.com)
$3 OYNO Cat. from previous transaction
OOP $2.90 got $3 OYNO cat.

Transaction #3
2 Reeses Puffs Cereal $1.99ea
8 Totinos Pizzas $ .95ea
used
$1/2 GM Cereals IP (coupons.com)
(4) $.75/2 Totinos Pizzas IP (Smartsource.com)
(2) $ .55 e-coupons Reeses Puffs Cereal
(2) $ .40 e-coupons Totinos
$ .60 e-coupon Totinos
$3.00 OYNO cat. from previous transaction
OOP 2.08 got $3 OYNO cat.

I was thrilled with this shopping trip. Everything was stocked and the cashier at Self-checkout was nice. I warned her in advance that I was going to do 3 transactions and I went to the register closest to her. I had a bad experience the other night (the first I've ever had at Smith's) with the coupon nazi at self-checkout. I believe her name is Joy (funny because she was MEAN!) and I will avoid her at all costs in the future. There are lots of good deals even without coupons. I'll be going back for bbq sauce and probably more cereal because we are so low. The brown and serve sausage is a great deal but we don't really eat breakfast sausage. Remember if you win at the Instant Win game those items are all part of the mega event so they'll count toward you're total of 10 which means you'll make a little money!

Happy Datona Mega Event!!! By the way the sale will go for 2 weeks!

1 comment: